Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Small Pound cake

This was my first attempt to bake a cake after I bought my oven, so I choose the easiest cake of all, it turn out not bad but texture abit too rough, nevertheless still taste nice :)


Here's a short understanding of Pound cake, The name "Pound" was given to this cake because the original recipes contained one pound each of butter, sugar, eggs and flour.

Slice of this cake can be eaten with dusting sugar or with fresh berries or some whipped cream during tea break.


As my baking tin was a small one, so I had deduct the percentage of the ingredients into half, but I am still generously in adding the butter.

Recipe
  • 1 Cup flour (I used Top Flour, prefer cake flour)
  • 1 tsps baking powder
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup butter - around 80g
  • 1/2 cup castor sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Zest orange or lemon (optional)
Steps
  • Preheat oven 170c
  • Mix butter and sugar together, beat till light and fluffy
  • Add in eggs one at the time in butter mixture
  • mix well
  • Add in sift flour salt and baking powder
  • Add in vanilla extract and lemon or Orange
  • mix well
  • Bake for 50 to 60 mins, insert toothpick and if it's comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment