Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Choosing the right camera

Currently I am using Canon G10, is a semi-pro camera but basically is just slightly better then Point and shoot, the reason for me to buy this camera is actually wanted to learn some basic skill of photo taking first before I get a DSLR and also the size of this camera is small and much much lighter then DSLR camera.
This G10 is with me for around 11months, I get it from Parkway Best Denki shop at $870 with 5yrs extended warranty. Last week my friend help me to post an online selling forum to sell off this G10 for me at the price of $600, he is so nice that help me to negotiate another $10 more, so there goes my camera at $610 to a lady. It was a cool and steady deal :) and I owe my friend chicken rice meal..

Before selling off this camera I took some photos from Bugis Junction.

I always like black and white, photo taken at Toast Box

Lightings really give a big different with photos

Christmas Tree outside Esprit Shop

So, now is the time to crack my brain which will be the next camera to choose, my criterial are, of coz it needs to be better function then G10, a DSLR definitely! then size will be a matter.. arghhh.. but nevertheless, after talking to some expert camera users, they suggest Olympus EP-1 for me, is a small, interchangeable lens, effect is as good as DSLR, retro style and most importantly the price is reasonable cheaper then the big DSLR. Ok, I will be getting this EP-1 next week and will uploads more photos :)

Olympus EP-2, similar design with EP-1





No comments:

Post a Comment