Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

A little too late for Shortbread?

I had tried to bake some shortbread before christmas last year and it was my 1st attempt and it doesn't turn out too nice, the dough was too soft and after molding all become out of shape, maybe is lack of flour.Nevertheless it wont stop me from trying again, I read some other baking website and realise that it can be also be done by baking the shortbread into a bar type.

So I tried out some Cranberries Shortbread as I still have some Cranberries left at my shelf.

The recipe source was taken from Joyofbaking.com, I personally loves this website because they have detail explanation for each recipe and sometimes the story behind those pastry, interesting :)
Cranberries Shortbread

Recipe
  • 2 Cups (260grams) all purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 Cup (2 sticks) (226grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 Cup (60 grams) powdered icing sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Basically shortbread cookies just made with 4 ingredients, Butter, Sugar, Vanilla Extract and Flour.

Steps
  1. In a bowl, whisk flour with salt set aside
  2. Cream butter until smooth (about 1 min)
  3. Add in sugar and beat till smooth, beat in Vanilla then add in flour mixture
  4. Flaten dough, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour
  5. preheat oven to 180c and bake 8 to 10mins, if in bar shape, bake it for 12mins.

2 comments: